The PRACE 2017 Spring School was a joint training event with the VI-SEEM project and was organised by CaSToRC at The Cyprus Institute. The school was a 3-day event starting Tuesday 25 April and ending Thursday 27 April 2017.
The Seasonal School provided insights into topics of high interest to people of the PRACE, VI-SEEM and European communities and had two parallel sessions – a Developer Track and a System Administration Track.
The Developer Track includes (among others) the following topics:
– Introduction to Parallel and Scalable Machine Learning: Basics and Parallelization Benefits
– Introduction to Deep Learning with Convolutional Neural Networks & Applications
– Accelerator Programming: GPU and Xeon Phi
– Data Visualisation: Information visualization, visual analytics, VisIt
Speakers from the EUDAT, OpenSESAME and VI-SEEM projects also presented these project and relevant case studies.
For more details on the Developer Track please visit the link below:
The System Administration Track includes (among others) the following topics:
– System Administration Tools: Easybuild and other tools
– Security Aspects of HPC Centers
– PRACE Network and Monitoring Issues
– System Monitoring
– Cloud Services – OpenStack
— OpenStack and HPC, the crossroads of scientific research
— How to build your first OpenStack Cloud
— Considerations for maximising the performance of OpenStack
— RDMA enabled fabrics in an OpenStack environment
— IOPS in the cloud – impossible! Or is it?
— Case studies from HPC centres using OpenStack for HPC workloads.
For more details on the System Administration Track please visit the link below:
A Keynote Address was also given by the Winner of the 1st PRACE Ada Lovelace Award for HPC – Dr Zoe Cournia.
- Seasonal School Homepage: https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/601/
- Scientific Programme: https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/601/program
- Event Timetable: https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/601/timetable/
- Registration: https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/601/registration/
For any questions concerning the Seasonal School please contact Stelios Erotokritou – firstname.lastname@example.org.